Don’t waste time making breakfast in the morning. Make these easy and delicious Spinach Cheese Muffins, and you’ll have an easy breakfast or some snacks on the go!
We make them from scratch and believe me they will taste goooooood!
The Spinach Cheese Muffin
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 25-30 minutes
12 MUFFIN OMLETT
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 oz or 100g frozen spinach
- 2 2/3 oz or 75g feta
- 3 1/2 oz or 100g extra sharp cheddar
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cups or 250g flour
- Sea salt flakes
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup or 60ml olive oil
- 1 cup or 240ml milk
- Several sprigs fresh thyme
- Black pepper
1. preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C
2. Measure flour, salt, baking powder, grated cheddar and some of your fresh thyme sprigs into a large mixing bowl and mix well.
3. Measure the milk and olive oil and whisk with the eggs and spinach.
4. Fold your wet ingredients into your dry ones until just mixed.
5. Slice the tomatoes fairly thinly. You need 12 slices.
6. Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups.
7. Pat the tomato slices really dry with another paper towel and top each cup of batter with one.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until you can see that the sides are turning golden brown.
9. Remove from oven and let them cool slightly for 5 minutes.